One of the pilot programs of Parents as Teachers was created in Hollister, Missouri nearly 35 years ago, and is still incredibly impactful today. Despite some budget cuts in 2008, Missouri pushed hard to keep the program functioning and providing support to families from pregnancy and through the first five years of the child’s life, working especially on help with literacy and early childhood nutrition and development. The program has seen significant growth, especially in the last ten years, and the hope is that there will be an arm of Parents as Teachers in every public school district in Missouri.
To read the full article, including testimony from those impacted by the program, click here.
Direct link: http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_cd46a8ec-07b9-11e9-a701-a7cf1012bbe0.html
Here are the reports that have been updated to calculate based on the start and end dates for Family Strengths and Stressors.
FAMILY STRENGTHS AND STRESSORS
- Located in the General Reports column.
- This report replaces the High Needs report.
- Stressors are counted based on the start date of the report (existing families) or on the enroll date (new families). This follows the same logic as the 18-19 APR
- The report calculations have been updated to count the actual # of Stressors each month to determine overall visit frequency expectations
- Details have been added to the report to help you understand how this report works
- The report columns have changed to give you each piece of data used to determine whether the benchmark is being met.
- Sections related to Family Stressors and Visit Frequency have been updated
- Section II #3 a-p – aligns with Family Strengths and Stressors report
- Section II #4 – aligns with Family Strengths and Stressors report
- Section IV #1-2 – aligns with Family Strengths and Stressors and Visit Frequency reports
- Freq 1 and Freq 2 have been updated
- This report was updated to consider the start and end dates for Family Stressors and Additional Characteristics
- Any Family Stressor or Additional Characteristic that has an end date before the reporting period will not be counted in the MO Invoice
- Families may go from “low” to “high” needs in the reporting period, but never from “high” to “low”.
And finally….we updated the Demographics page.
EXPANDABLE AND COLLAPSIBLE
- Due to the length of each section, we now have Stressors, Characteristics and MIECHV Priority Population as expandable and collapsible sections.
- Open each section, update, save and collapse
DEFINITIONS ADDED TO FAMILY EXPERIENCES
- Click on “definitions” to see each Stressors definition as defined by PAT National
Parents as Teachers co-hosted a reading event with the Carthage Family Literacy Council in Missouri that made the news cycle. The event was hosted in order to promote early childhood education and developing reading skills of pre-school age children. The Carthage Family Literacy Council’s mission is “to promote early reading to babies (starting at birth) and continuing throughout the early childhood years” and at the end of the event, each child got to choose a book to take home.
To read the full article or see the news clip, click here:
- direct link – https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/parents-as-teachers-hosts-read-in-with-carthage-family-literacy-council/1475420931
To learn more about the Carthage Family Literacy Council, click here:
- direct link – https://www.facebook.com/CarthageFamilyLiteracyCouncil/
MIECHV Software Visit Tracker Web has recently met all the MIECHV standards requested to date. We have updated our MIECHV Benchmark Alignment document to show the recently added features and future additions planned already. Training on these new features has been conducted and current users are already incorporating the new features in their data collecting procedures. Visit Tracker Web will incorporate the MIECHV Form 1 report directly into our list of reports soon. If you have any questions concerning the multiple ways your program can measure MIECHV benchmarks using Visit Tracker please don’t hesitate to call 1-800-532-7148.
States like Missouri, Texas, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington and others are already using Visit Tracker Web for the MIECHV data. We have “state leader” accounts to assist state leaders in monitoring reports.