For many of you, July/August starts a new program year! We look forward to the 2019-2020 year and have some great new features on the horizon! As you move into the new program year, here are a few reminders of items you may want to take a look at!
- Exit any Family that is no longer receiving service. It’s important to keep your active list clean and only show families that are still active in your program. Just a reminder, if you exit a Family, all guardians and children will also be exited. If you exit a child, then only that child will be exited. The family, guardians and any siblings will remain active.
- If you have families that are receiving partial services (maybe they are just attending groups, or the child just is getting a screening), there are other Status options for those families. You will still need to exit them, but then they can be moved to “Recruit” or “Mailing Only”. If you have additional questions about how to use these other options, please let us know!
- Check each Family’s Demographics page. You will want to update any Stressors that have changed. Also, be sure to update the Income History, Education History, etc. Even if the information hasn’t changed, we recommend that you enter a new entry. This way, the data is clean and you know you have checked this and there haven’t been any changes.
- New Year, New Goals! For each family, a new goal and new resource connection will need to be documented. If a family has a goal that they are continuing to work towards from last year, you will still need to set a new goal with the family.
- Set your Reminders so you don’t forget! Use the reminders feature to set all your deadlines now, so you don’t miss one later! You can enter reminders for Assessments, Child Screenings, etc. If you have questions about using the reminders feature, check out the tutorial here.
- MAIN ADMIN – Check your Preferences under the Set Up tab. Under the Preferences link, you will see different options for fields that can be turned “on” or “off”. This list has changed, and as we continue to make Visit Tracker more customizable to your program’s needs, this list will continue to be updated. You will want to show only the fields that you need for your program. You can turn the others off.
- MAIN ADMIN – Update your Program Year Start Date. This can be updated on the top of the Reports page. This will set the default start date for reports and will help to reduce reporting errors.
- MAIN ADMIN – Check your Users! Has someone left your organization? Be sure to either Deactivate or Disable their login under the Home Visitor tab. Also, look for any Additional Admin that may have left as well. Additional Admin can be found under the Set Up tab and then “Add’l Admin” on the left.
If you have any additional questions please let us know! We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We wish you a successful 2019-2020 program year!