Resource Connections Reports
- “Resource Connections” in the Service Reports columns replaces “Resource Referrals”
- There are 3 reports now available to provide you with Resource Connection and Information Shared data
- “Resource Connections” – This report will display all connections made within the date range specified. The connections displayed will be for those families that are assigned to the home visitor. So you may see connections entered by a different home visitor for a family that has been reassigned to a new home visitor
- “Resource Information Shared” – This report will display the items where “I” is selected on each PVR in the date range.
- “Guardians with no Resource Connection” – This report will list all guardians that have received private contacts in the date range but do not have any recorded Resource Connections in the date range.
- These 3 reports are available to download in CSV format which can opened in Excel.
Re-assigning Families and Deactivating Home Visitors
- Improvements have been made to deactivating home visitors and reassigning families.
- You can now choose to deactivate a home visitor that has a current caseload. In this situation, you will be given the option to reassign the entire caseload to an existing home visitor or enter a new home visitor into the system.
- Here’s a tutorial posted to the Knowledgebase: https://help.data-keeper.com/knowledgebase.php?article=31
Visit Tracker Web and Parents As Teachers have finalized a licensing agreement which allows our Users to build PAT Records in Visit Tracker.
This license will ensure that you can use Visit Tracker as your chosen database to demonstrate how your program follows the essential requirements of the PAT model and the Quality Assurance process.
As changes are made to Essential Requirements and model fidelity standards, Visit Tracker will work with Parents As Teachers National to ensure that we understand what those changes are and incorporate them into Visit Tracker Web.
We look forward to continue serving you.
Did you know that many of the questions you may have about Visit Tracker Web home visiting software, others have too? You can explore our internal Help tab, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once you have logged into Visit Tracker, click on the HELP tab. Simply type in a few Key Words to your question and click the go arrow. For example, if you are looking to learn how to exit a family, type in “exit family”. You will then see a list of questions and answers that others have asked that are all related to exiting a family. If you are having questions regarding some of the reports, the Help tab can help you with that too! In the drop down list under “In”, look for Report Explanations. This will provide a list of the available reports with full explanations!
If you do not find the answer to your question, you can click on “Ask a Question” on the top menu. Type in your question with as many details as you can provide, and if your question is submitted during normal business hours (8:00 – 3:00 central time), we will most often answer your question within an hour of your submitting it!
Our internal Help tab is just another avenue for you to get the support you need when working in Visit Tracker Web home visiting software. Don’t forget, you can always call our 1-800 number (1-800-532-7148) or email us at email@example.com for support too!
The MIECHV software, Visit Tracker Web, was used by all Early Head Start and Parents As Teachers MIECHV programs in Texas last week to submitt their HRSA report on time. State leaders say that the report was submitted on time and “looked good”. The consulting company overseeing the MIECHV texas project stated they “very much appreciate all of the good, hard work and support you guys have provided” when reporting to Visit Tracker support how well the process is going. Visit Tracker has made considerable modifications to their product to track MIECHV benchmarks and constructs and users from all MIECHV grantees are benefiting from the new data tracking elements. If you are in need of a tracking system for your home visiting program or MIECHV home visiting program, please contact Visit Tracker Web support/sales at 1-800-532-7148 . Visit Tracker is extremely fairly priced and has been identified as the least cost and most user friendly system on the market. Support is considered the best in the software industry with free training, toll free support, and immediate responses for support needs.
Visit Tracker Web is a leader in home visiting software. There are currently over 1000 programs using Visit Tracker Web and growing! We are consistently making updates and changes to meet the needs of our users. Do you have a question? You can search our internal Help tab, but if you still can’t find the answer, email or call our 1-800 support line. We are happy to assist you! We also have a large library of free online training videos. If you haven’t checked out our demo recently, we encourage you login and take a look around. You can visit the demo by visiting www.visittrackerweb.com.
MIECHV grantees in Illinois and Iowa are currently using Visit Tracker Web to track MIECHV data and state leaders are discovering how Visit Tracker Web developers can develop state collection systems to collect the data from MIECHV sites. The Texas department of Health and Human Services was the leader in using Visit Tracker Web for a MIECHV software collection system at the state level and many are benefiting from their forward thinking. Currently all benchmarks are either already tracked inside Visit Tracker Web or the methods to track are currently in the programming process. If your agency or state is in need of a MIECHV software system for the agency or state level, please contact MIECHV software specialists at DataKeeper Technologies at 1-800-532-7148.