Update on the Multiple Guardians project – target release is late March.
As mentioned on the 1st Multiple Guardians post, we’ll be posting more details and tutorials to help this transition to be as smooth as possible. Rather than an in-depth post to the blog, we’ll be creating tutorials and adding to the Knowledgebase. When each tutorial is created and uploaded to the Knowledgebase, a short blog will be posted to bring it to your attention.
There is a specific section for Multiple Guardian Tutorials in the Knowledgebase where you can view each tutorial and/or download as a PDF.
Click here to view the entire Knowledgebase
We’ve added Site Funding to all HIPPY programs. This section can be accessed by the Main Admin under the Setup tab underneath Profile.
In the Site Funding section, add program budget information for the following:
- Government Funding Sources
- Private Funding Sources
- In-Kind Donations
When a Government, Private or In-Kind source ends, simply go to that item, edit the entry and enter an end date.
The Site Funding report can be found in the Reports > HIPPY Reports section.
- HUSA Quarterly Reports has been added to the top of the HIPPY Reports column
- Click on Site Funding and enter the date range to report all funding sources received at any point in the date range
- Note: There are 4 HUSA Quarterly Reports listed but only Group Meetings and Site Funding are currently live. The other 2 will be coming soon.
Here are the reports that have been updated to calculate based on the start and end dates for Family Strengths and Stressors.
FAMILY STRENGTHS AND STRESSORS
- Located in the General Reports column.
- This report replaces the High Needs report.
- Stressors are counted based on the start date of the report (existing families) or on the enroll date (new families). This follows the same logic as the 18-19 APR
- The report calculations have been updated to count the actual # of Stressors each month to determine overall visit frequency expectations
- Details have been added to the report to help you understand how this report works
- The report columns have changed to give you each piece of data used to determine whether the benchmark is being met.
- Sections related to Family Stressors and Visit Frequency have been updated
- Section II #3 a-p – aligns with Family Strengths and Stressors report
- Section II #4 – aligns with Family Strengths and Stressors report
- Section IV #1-2 – aligns with Family Strengths and Stressors and Visit Frequency reports
- Freq 1 and Freq 2 have been updated
- This report was updated to consider the start and end dates for Family Stressors and Additional Characteristics
- Any Family Stressor or Additional Characteristic that has an end date before the reporting period will not be counted in the MO Invoice
- Families may go from “low” to “high” needs in the reporting period, but never from “high” to “low”.
And finally….we updated the Demographics page.
EXPANDABLE AND COLLAPSIBLE
- Due to the length of each section, we now have Stressors, Characteristics and MIECHV Priority Population as expandable and collapsible sections.
- Open each section, update, save and collapse
DEFINITIONS ADDED TO FAMILY EXPERIENCES
- Click on “definitions” to see each Stressors definition as defined by PAT National
The following reports were upgraded and released this week.
- Service Counts
- Personal Visit Record Report
- Visit Frequency
- Exit Summary
Also upon requests from the field, we added the option of running these reports as a CSV file in addition to the standard HTML file. In the CSV file format, you will be able to open the report in Excel.
Keep the suggestions coming. We’re working hard to make Visit Tracker as easy as possible for you.
We’ve made some improvements to the Preferences section under the Main Admin’s Setup
- We’ve received some requests to make the email verification a function that can be turned on or off so that guardians aren’t receiving automated messages when you first enter their information.
- In “Guardian Fields to Display”, the first in the list is Email verification where you can now control.
- Everyone’s account has the function turned on. So if you no longer want email verifications to be sent, then set it to ‘No’.
- IMPORTANT: If you are using the “Send email” feature at all, email verifications should be set to ‘Yes’.
FAMILY / GUARDIAN ASSESSMENTS TO DISPLAY
- The list of assessments has been growing. You can now control which ones you want to see in that list.
- In Preferences, we’ve added “Family / Guardian Assessments to Display”. Only have those assessments you are using set to “Yes”.
- NOTE: Only the assessments set to “Yes” will show in the list when adding a new assessment and the Assessment Reports section.
Each section in Preferences is now expandable and collapsable. Hopefully, this will help reduce the amount of scrolling as we continue to add more controls for you.
HFA LEVELS – The new levels and weights have been updated for all HFA programs.
CUSTOM REPORT ACCOUNTS – The start date default can now be set by you! Go to Profile > Set Start Date for Reports. The end date will now default to the current date.
SITE/FUND CODE – The Site/Fund Code is now fully editable. Any incorrect entries can be fully edited or deleted in the history table at the bottom of the Guardian Data page.
APR Section II #12 – The issue with prenatals being counted in this section has been corrected.
Child Health Record Immunizations – “Immunizations Current as of” field on the Child Data page is now updated by the “Immunizations up to date” information on the Child Health Record.
Child Exit Report – The Exit Report for exited children is now functioning correctly.
Resource Connections Reports
- “Resource Connections” in the Service Reports columns replaces “Resource Referrals”
- There are 3 reports now available to provide you with Resource Connection and Information Shared data
- “Resource Connections” – This report will display all connections made within the date range specified. The connections displayed will be for those families that are assigned to the home visitor. So you may see connections entered by a different home visitor for a family that has been reassigned to a new home visitor
- “Resource Information Shared” – This report will display the items where “I” is selected on each PVR in the date range.
- “Guardians with no Resource Connection” – This report will list all guardians that have received private contacts in the date range but do not have any recorded Resource Connections in the date range.
- These 3 reports are available to download in CSV format which can opened in Excel.
Re-assigning Families and Deactivating Home Visitors
- Improvements have been made to deactivating home visitors and reassigning families.
- You can now choose to deactivate a home visitor that has a current caseload. In this situation, you will be given the option to reassign the entire caseload to an existing home visitor or enter a new home visitor into the system.
- Here’s a tutorial posted to the Knowledgebase: https://help.data-keeper.com/knowledgebase.php?article=31
A new automated Invoicing feature has recently been released. All Program Admins now have an Invoices section under Setup listing all invoices. The most recent invoice will be listed at the top. In many cases, you need to send that invoice on to someone else that will handle the payment. Here’s an easy way to email it to that person.
GO TO “SETUP” > “INVOICES”
- Only the Program Admin has access to the Invoices section
- The most recent invoice is listed at the top
- Click on the email icon highlighted on the right
- Be sure to click the email icon for the Open invoice. This will always be the top invoice.
SEND THE INVOICE
- After clicking the email icon, a pop-up window will open
- Type in the email address of the person you want to send the invoice to
- The invoice will be attached to the email sent and indicate that you are the one that sent the email
Hopefully this new feature adds efficiency and convenience for you. Let us know if you have any questions.
Visit Tracker Web and Parents As Teachers have finalized a licensing agreement which allows our Users to build PAT Records in Visit Tracker.
This license will ensure that you can use Visit Tracker as your chosen database to demonstrate how your program follows the essential requirements of the PAT model and the Quality Assurance process.
As changes are made to Essential Requirements and model fidelity standards, Visit Tracker will work with Parents As Teachers National to ensure that we understand what those changes are and incorporate them into Visit Tracker Web.
We look forward to continue serving you.
Visit Tracker Web home visiting software is currently working on some changes to reflect updates to the state of Missouri’s DESE Invoice report. Here are some changes to the Invoice report:
- Non High Needs families will have access to 12 family personal visits instead of 10.
- MO has adopted the National PAT office High Needs Characteristics but will also keep Single Parent Family and ELL.
- Changes for the Invoice and Final Report effective for FY14 and will only collect Section I, II and III.
Changes will be available beginning August 2013. If you are not currently using Visit Tracker Web home visiting software (and still hand counting for your reports), check out our demo at Visit Tracker. Go to the Reports tab and see just how easy your reporting can be!