The CHEERS Check-In Tool is scheduled to be released by the end of the week. Here is a quick look at the new assessment.
Located in the Guardian > Assessments section. Choose CHEERS Check-In from the Add New list.
- Note: Not seeing CHEERS Check-In in your list? The Main Admin for your program can check in Setup to see if the tool is set to show. (see below for more details)
At the bottom, subscores are added up along with an overall Total. If the assessment is not complete, the scores will not be totaled. An “incomplete” indicator in red should help bring that to your attention in case a question was accidentally skipped. You will still be able to save your entry as incomplete and come back to it later.
Go to Reports > Assessment Reports > CHEERS Check-In Tool where you can run 2 types of reports
- Compliance report designed for Healthy Families America (HFA) Programs
- Detail Export to give you the details of each assessment conducted
MAIN ADMIN SETUP
Manage Preferences for CHEERS Check-In and all other assessments in the Setup > Preferences section
- Set only the assessments you are using to display
- Set the default for the Next Due Date field. Reminders can be created for the Next Due Date.
- THANK YOU KAREN W. FOR THE NEXT DUE DATE SUGGESTION!
Washington University in St. Louis received a 3.3 million dollar grant from the National Institute of Health, and has elected to partner with Parents as Teachers in an ongoing effort to slim down the national epidemic of obesity. The grant money will fund research at 24 home-visitation sites nationwide, and will help improve the health and school-readiness of families and children. This partnership seeks to work primarily with young mothers, ages 19 to 35, and promises to research new ways to end weight gain and chronic disease post pregnancy, especially in low-income high-risk communities.
To read the full article about WashU’s partnership with Parents as Teachers, click here.
The national organization, Parents as Teachers (PAT), recently received a multi-million dollar grant that will help support the education of at-risk children and families across the country. The grant is awarded by Ballmer Group, a philanthropic organization dedicated to improving economic mobility and education of communities and children that struggle socioeconomically. With this grant, PAT promises to hire additional staff and continue to support its more than 1,300 partner organizations that help provide home visitation to more than 193,000 families annually.
Learn more about Ballmer Group and their philanthropic work. www.ballmergroup.org
The main administrator for the Visit Tracker account has access to the Visit Tracker invoice. Invoices will no longer be emailed, so please be sure to check if you have an open invoice. When an admin logins into Visit Tracker, there will be a warning at the top of the page letting you know there is an open invoice.
Please note price changes that will go into effect July 1, 2018. Please visit our pricing page: https://data-keeper.com/pricing/
If your school district/organization creates Purchase Orders for payment, the admin can enter those PO numbers directly onto the invoice. There is no need to email, fax or send this PO’s directly to us.
To enter a PO, first go to the Set Up tab, and then the Invoices link on the left (only the main admin will have access to Invoices).
Once you are on the Invoices page, the top invoice will be the most recent. You can click on the Edit icon (the pencil) on the right to edit the invoice or enter a PO number. From this screen, you can also email your invoice (the envelope icon) or you can print it (the printer icon).
On the edit invoice screen, there is a field to enter the PO number and date. Be sure to save at the bottom of the page. Once the invoice has been saved, it will be updated immediately and can be printed or emailed.
Please understand that a PO is not payment, and the account will continue to show an open invoice until we have received the check. If you have a purchase order on file and you know the payment will not reach us by the due date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide you with a grace period.
If you have additional questions about Visit Tracker pricing, you can visit our pricing page at: https://data-keeper.com/pricing/ or email email@example.com
Here is this week’s releases and fixes:
Planning Guide and PVR Sync – We’ve updated the the syncing of data from the Planning Guide to the PVR
Kansas KIDS Exports – We’ve updated the exports according to the 2018-2019 program year requirements.
MO Invoice fixes
- Section III
- Pop-up window list of guardians/children
- We added report processing for this report to improve performance
APR – Immunizations
- Immunization information from Child Health Record is fixed
The following reports were upgraded and released this week.
- Service Counts
- Personal Visit Record Report
- Visit Frequency
- Exit Summary
Also upon requests from the field, we added the option of running these reports as a CSV file in addition to the standard HTML file. In the CSV file format, you will be able to open the report in Excel.
Keep the suggestions coming. We’re working hard to make Visit Tracker as easy as possible for you.
In an effort to further engage it’s diverse community, Florida International University (FIU) has partnered with Parents as Teachers, as well as another organization called the Positive Parenting Program in order to provide much-needed support to the Miami-Dade community. Not only does this collaborative effort allow FIU to provide home visits geared towards early education, but with the involvement of PPP as well as PAT, it also teaches new parents about nutrition and physical education for their children. Over the last several years, support has flooded in for this collaborative effort, and more than 95% of participants in the community have successfully completed the 3-year program.
To read the full article, click here.
Home Instruction for Parents with Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) was introduced to Pueblo, Colorado in 2012. Since then, the program has gained traction rapidly and caught the attention of both parents and educators alike. At its onset, HIPPY had fewer than 20 students graduate out, but with growing support from the community, including those who volunteer as home visitors and assist the parents, the program has successfully graduated 78 students this year.
To read the full article in the Chieftain, click here.
Here’s an update on the latest happenings and what to look forward to.
SUGGESTIONS FROM THE FIELD
Requests that have come in through the Help Desk, email or phone calls. Keep submitting your suggestions. We’re listening. submit suggestion
- Email verifications – We added the ability to turn on/off email verifications when enrolling a new guardian. This feature is in Preferences under Guardian Fields to Display
- Assessments list – Also in Preferences, you can now decide which assessments to be displayed. No more long list!
PROJECTS IN TEST (SOON TO BE RELEASED)
RIGHT FROM THE START (RFTS)
- A new program model in West Virginia has joined the Visit Tracker family. We are currently adding the RFTS Client Tracking Sheet.
REPORT UPGRADES – The following reports are being upgraded and we’re adding the CSV format so you can also open in Excel
- Service Counts
- Personal Visit Record Report
- Visit Frequency
- Exit Summary
PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT
PLANNING GUIDE & PVR SYNC (PAT)
- We’re updating the information that will transfer from the Planning Guide to the Personal Visit Record
PAT PVR UPDATES
- The PAT PVR is being reordered to match the PAT Personal Visit Record
- Additional style and feature improvements are being made as well
HFA CHEERS CHECK-IN TOOL
- A new assessment is being added to the list directly related to HFA programs.
- With this project, we’ll be improving the Next Due Date functionality for all assessments and allowing you to easily have a Reminder added based on the Next Due Date.
REMINDERS ON THE CALENDAR – IMPROVEMENT
- It was brought to our attention that with Reminders showing up on the calendar, it can get a little overwhelming for Admins seeing all Reminders set by home visitors. Glad to hear that the new feature is being used. We’re adding some improvements to better control this.
These projects are ready and waiting to get started.
- HFA Reports – We’ll be adding a new HFA report reporting model and benchmark performance measures
- HIPPY – We’re working on Program Funding and Additional Staff inputs to allow HIPPY programs the ability to enter all required data for the quarterly report.
We’ve made some improvements to the Preferences section under the Main Admin’s Setup
- We’ve received some requests to make the email verification a function that can be turned on or off so that guardians aren’t receiving automated messages when you first enter their information.
- In “Guardian Fields to Display”, the first in the list is Email verification where you can now control.
- Everyone’s account has the function turned on. So if you no longer want email verifications to be sent, then set it to ‘No’.
- IMPORTANT: If you are using the “Send email” feature at all, email verifications should be set to ‘Yes’.
FAMILY / GUARDIAN ASSESSMENTS TO DISPLAY
- The list of assessments has been growing. You can now control which ones you want to see in that list.
- In Preferences, we’ve added “Family / Guardian Assessments to Display”. Only have those assessments you are using set to “Yes”.
- NOTE: Only the assessments set to “Yes” will show in the list when adding a new assessment and the Assessment Reports section.
Each section in Preferences is now expandable and collapsable. Hopefully, this will help reduce the amount of scrolling as we continue to add more controls for you.
HFA LEVELS – The new levels and weights have been updated for all HFA programs.
CUSTOM REPORT ACCOUNTS – The start date default can now be set by you! Go to Profile > Set Start Date for Reports. The end date will now default to the current date.
SITE/FUND CODE – The Site/Fund Code is now fully editable. Any incorrect entries can be fully edited or deleted in the history table at the bottom of the Guardian Data page.
APR Section II #12 – The issue with prenatals being counted in this section has been corrected.
Child Health Record Immunizations – “Immunizations Current as of” field on the Child Data page is now updated by the “Immunizations up to date” information on the Child Health Record.
Child Exit Report – The Exit Report for exited children is now functioning correctly.